Very warm welcome to the XXIII WASP Congress “The Social Determinants of Health & Access to Care”. 25-28 October 2019.
We have invited experts from around the world to confront and exchange their practices. The impact of social determinants, cultural determinants, economic determinants in terms of public health are the main burden for patients and carers.
The Congress will have a key focus on describing and increasing our knowledge of the major social impact on health & access to care.
XXIII WASP Congress will take place Crowne Plaza Hotel, Bucharest, ROMANIA 25-28 October 2019.
Please visit our website : https://www.wasp2019bucharest.org
23rd WASP World Congress Bucharest 2019
Guidelines for the Early Career Psychiatrists Fellowships
World Association for Social Psychiatry is inviting applications for the WASP Early Psychiatrist Fellowship Awards to be given to early career psychiatrists from around the world. This award is to recognize young and outstanding psychiatrists and encourage their participation in academic discussions during the WASP Congress to be held at Bucharest Oct 25-28, 2019.
20 Fellowships will be awarded. Each Award will comprise of:
Travel grant (economy class only) as follows -International (Australia/Asia/ USA/ Canada/Africa) – up to €600, Europe – up to €250 and Local (Romania) – up to €100
Complimentary registration for the Congress,
Economy/ budget hotel accommodation
Requirements for the Fellowship are:
1. Age must be below 40 years and have no more than ten years elapsed since the completion of specialist training on the date of application. The applicant must not have received this fellowship before.
Have a superior educational and professional record.
All applicants should submit their brief CV (not more than two pages)
4. Awardees are required to give a presentation in the Early Psychiatrists Track during the congress. They can present either a case discussion or a paper with a theme of social psychiatry. They must be present on all the days of the Congress
5. Each WASP Member Society can send a maximum of two nominations. Candidates from member societies will receive priority.
6. Proposals may be made by WASP member societies, members of the Scientific Committee and the International Advisory Committee of the WASP 2019 Congress and by WASP Past Presidents.
7. The selection will be made by the WASP EC comprising President, President-Elect, Secretary General and Treasurer.
8. Nominations are to be send to Prof Roy Abraham Kallivayalil (President, WASP) by email to email@example.com on or before May 31st, 2019.
9. For any assistance at Bucharest or for any help during the Congress, please contact Alina Puscas firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Please visit congress website wasp2019bucharest.org or waspsocialpsychiatry.com/ for further information
Prof Roy Abraham Kallivayalil